Head Varsity Volleyball Coach
The Advanced Technology Academy in Dearborn is looking for a Varsity Volleyball Coach to lead our volleyball program. Our ideal candidate has experience playing volleyball at a high level and has previous team sports coaching experience.
*Teaching Positions Available to Qualified Candidates*
Athletic Department Mission Statement: To provide a broad Title IX compliant athletic program that extends the learning experience beyond the classroom by developing student-athletes physically, socially and mentally while encouraging leadership, responsibility, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Responsibilities to include:
- Planning, Organizing and Conducting daily practices
- Assist in the management of uniform and equipment distribution.
- Teaching and developing volleyball skills and fundamentals.
- Responsibility for the overall supervision and development of the volleyball program.
- In charge of assignments and duties of the assistant coaches.
- Recruit the student body for student-athletes willing to make a commitment to the volleyball program.
- In coordination with the Athletic Director, plan and implement team activities, tryouts, practices, game plans and summer activities.
- Develop practice and game strategies utilizing fundamental skills.
- Maintain adequate communication with athletes and parent(s).
- Keep the Athletic Director/Athletic Offices informed of scheduling changes, athlete and/or parental issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Coaching experience required.
- Applicants must have in-depth technical knowledge of volleyball, all contest rules and MHSAA regulations.
- Applicants must have playing experience at the high school varsity, club, and/or college level.
- Familiarity with the and knowledge of the MHSAA preferred. Willingness to meet all MHSAA coaching requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, student-athletes and parents.
- After School availability (3:30 pm or after) for practices and events.
- Saturday availability during the season.
Please direct any questions regarding the position to Athletic Director Chris Schultz in the Athletic Office: (313) 625-4676